Just Be It! Healthy & Fit
This program is provided through grant funds of Blue Cross Blue Shield of NM
New Mexico Extension's Just Be It! Healthy and Fit Program
- Reduces childhood obesity risk factors by implementing prevention techniques identified by World Health Organization (2003)
- Provides nutrition education to students, teachers, and parents
- Teaches students to make nutritious food choices like fruits and vegetables
- Teaches students to choose appropriate serving sizes of food
- Helps parents and teachers support healthy food choices for children
- Promotes regular physical activity
- Promotes healthy lifestyles for children and families
- New Mexico Public Education Department Standards and Benchmarks, Social Learning Theory and Health Belief Model, Tips for Safe Classroom Cooking
10 Lessons Include:
- Food Safety
- Food Guide Pyramid
- Power-Up with Exercise
- Grains - Whole or Not?
- Milk Anyone?
- Meat and Beans Group
- Vivacious Veggies
- Fabulous Fruits
- Fast Food or Fat Food?
- Diabetes Prevention
To get your school involved in the Just Be It! Healthy & Fit Program contact the Sandoval County Family and Consumer Sciences Agent at 505-867-2582
Before and After School Staff Resources
DemographicaIf you have a smart phone download this app to track youth attending classes instead of using the hard copy. It's easy to email your reports!
VolunteericaIf you have a smart phone download this app to track volunteer/teacher time instead of using the hard copy. It's easy to email your reports!